Наш новый форум...=)

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Наш новый форум...=) » Тестовый форум » Cable Modem and Splitter problem

Cable Modem and Splitter problem

Сообщений 1 страница 7 из 7

Hello,

I just recently moved in to a new place with a roommate. He had his cable modem and router positioned basically as far away from my bedroom as possible. He doesn't use it for much besides his wireless blu ray player so he let me move the modem into my bedroom because the router broadcasts far enough to let him do what he needs. Not so for me since I have a desktop with no wireless card, an older xbox 360 without wireless, etc. So since I moved it into my bedroom, I had the coax running directly to a 4 way G/E splitter with 5-2500 MHz. Basic setup was this: coax running into in jack on splitter, coax running from out to cable modem, and coax running from out to hd cable box. That left two open jacks on the splitter, not sure how that affects this but I heard if a jack doesn't have a terminator on it, it causes the signal to drop. Well everything has been working fine for 2 weeks or so. I played xbox until 2am EST on Wednesday before going to bed with no problems. I woke up at around noon and turned on my xbox and was prompted to sign in to xbox live instead of the automatic sign in that usually occurs. The digital cable was working fine. Tried the standard reset the modem and all that good stuff. Nothing worked. Plugged modem directly into the wall and everything seems fine. Using the splitter again, modem will not connect to internet. We have Bright House internet here. I decided to check the modem at 192.168.100.1, something I have never done before in like 10 years of having broadband internet. The modem is a: CISCO DPC2100R2, which seems pretty damn old to me. Here is what the stats are on the modem:
Receive Power Level -18.7 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio 27.7 dBmV
Transmit Power Level 47.0 dBmV
The receive power level seems extremely low, do I need a technician out here or what? My roommate really has no idea about this kind of stuff and the internet is all in his name so it seems like it could be some trouble. Do I need another splitter?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1172663
Web animation company

Thank you

Your post content is being interested by a lot of people, I am very impressed with your post. I hope to receive more good articles. bmi calculator

Great post! This is a very good blog that I will definitely come back to many more times this year! Thanks for the article.
boxnovel

Your feedback helps me a lot, A very meaningful event, I hope everything will go well candy crush soda

I really enjoyed this site. This is such a Great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. basketball legends

Your article is very good, I have read a lot of articles but I am really impressed with your article. Thank you, I will look into this article. To know about me, try talking to me: mapquest driving directions

Prepare yourself with dordle, a new spin on Wordle that includes entertaining puzzles and user-friendly enhancements! To win, the player must first guess the new word, followed by selecting the best response. Every round, players are limited to seven incorrect guesses, so try to finish the puzzle as quickly as possible. So you think you can figure out the dordle game language? Now put yourself to the test!

Вы здесь » Наш новый форум...=) » Тестовый форум » Cable Modem and Splitter problem

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно